Zoom Zoom: 10 Things I Loved About The MX-5 Miata
DriveShop gave me the opportunity to drive the 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata for a while to facilitate this review. Don't worry, all opinions expressed here are my own.
A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to test out the Mazda MX-5 Miata. Now as you probably already know, I'm a mommy, so when we're car shopping, convertible sports cars aren't usually on our test drive list. But lemme tell you… this sexy little ride was just the date night boost hubs and I needed. Here's what I loved about it:
10. The convertible top: We were fortunate enough to have some great weather while we had her and I definitely made use of it. At almost 6' tall though, it definitely grazed my head LOL. Note to self: wear sunscreen to avoid sunburn, and some fly shades to protect those peepers. Also, top down + hat = dicey situation.
9. Heated leather seats: Spring is one of those fickle seasons where it can be cold, cool, warm and hot all in the same day. The heated seats made my rump happy on those cooler mornings. #WarmBooty
8. Satellite Radio: Seriously, how have I been living without this in my life? Must remedy that immediately.
7. And while we're on the subject of radio: The sound system up in here? Bose. 7 speakers. #Boom #AboutThatBass
6. Magical Rearview Mirror: At night, other drivers' headlights seem extra bright to me so the auto dimming feature on the rearview definitely came in handy.
5. Fuel Economy: My every day vehicle is an SUV and I drive about 100 miles a day so I'm quite used to having to gas up…often. We did not have to put gas in the Miata for the ENTIRE WEEK! This may not seem like a big deal, but for me, it was great. She took us to D.C., Virginia, and all up, down and around the beltway and never asked us for one drop of petrol.
4. She's sexy: Maybe you married ladies can relate, but my husband is not about to drive a car that he thinks is too girly. The Miata was just the right balance of masculine and feminine to satisfy both of us. Dare I say, the Miata is almost as fly as I am 🙂
3. 6-Speed manual transmission: Why did I love this you ask? Let me explain. When I was about 19, the first car I bought myself was an automatic and I had friends who ALWAYS wanted to borrow it. The second car I got was a stick shift. Nobody wanted to borrow that because they couldn't drive it. #Winning
2. Zoom Zoom: Let me share something I learned about myself: I'm an anxious
terrible passenger. When hubs was being a speed demon driving, I was all "slow down! You're trying to kill me!", but when I took the wheel, it was all "let's see how fast we can really go!". I might have control issues. Whatever.
1. Only two seats! That's right, it's a two seater which means that there's zero chance of your kids cramping your style while you ride around all cute with the top down. #StraightFlexin
The 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata was crazy fun to drive (albeit not so practical for families)! For more info about the MX-5 Miata, check out MazdaUSA.com!
What say you? Where would you take this sporty little car?
Julian B. Kiganda (@BoldFearless1)
Lolest T! I love this post. Although I've never been much of a sports car person, you might just get me to take at least one for a test drive. That video though! #TallPeopleProblems
Thanks Julian! The Miata was a fun little car to drive for a bit, but yeah… gotta watch your head LOL
Michellette "MimiCuteLips" Green
I've never driven a convertible and I need that in my life. I'm always driving around the kids, I would LOVE to get a two seater. You know room for just me and my purse. A girl can dream can't she.
I completely agree LOL Can a girl dream and have that day. I'm going to be that grandma with the convertible.
Ha! You’re gonna be one jazzy grandma!
LOL @ just you and your purse!
You look super cute in that car! I think I'd love to ride in that on a sunny day driving through Georgetown, or house hunting, or something like that!
Ummmm!! I want to review this!! LOL!! I get all the family car reviews! LOL
But this car is too cute! I like the list, I might have to do a similar thing with my next review! Great job!
Chile…I can't with you. LOL This list is ev-er-y-thing (yes, just like that). You reminded me how much I (sometimes) miss driving a stick shift. And wow…not having to gas it up for a week after driving all around the DMV is definitely #WINNING!!!