How I Get Through a Disrespectfully Long Day
This post is sponsored by Starbucks Refreshers
My days are super long. I’m a wife and mama of two little boys AND I work full time … I also, may or may not be addicted to coffee. Don’t judge me. I consider the fact that all I need is one cup of coffee in the morning a miracle.
With all that I have to get accomplished during the day, I have to make sure that I’m not in a zombie-like state. My routine is ever changing, but for now, this is how I get through a disrespectfully long day:
1. Have a morning routine: This doesn’t have to be super involved, just set aside some time for yourself first thing in the morning so you can get your mind right for the day. Since my commute is super long (and terribly-awful) it gives me time to sip my (very necessary) coffee, maybe listen to an audio book (because I have little to no time for actual reading) and just be alone with my thoughts.
2. Get a little exercise: I may not make it to the gym regularly but I’m really good about taking the stairs instead of the elevator or choosing a not-so-close parking spot so that I can get a few extra steps in. I also add “get up and walk” to my calendar and have an alarm that goes off every few hours to remind me to stop staring at my computer screen and get outta my office for a few minutes. This works wonders for not only my energy, but for my sanity too.
3. Don’t skip breakfast (or lunch for that matter): I’m guilty of skipping breakfast more often than I’d care to admit, but I’m getting better. Sometimes, I’ll get so caught up in work that I look up and its 2pm and I haven’t had lunch. What?! You forgot to eat?! I know, it’s crazy. I now put lunch on my schedule and set an alarm (I set an alarm for pretty much everything). This way, I’m aware of the time even if I’m not aware of the grumbling in my tummy.
4. Have an afternoon pick me up: My evening commute is just as bad (sometimes worse) than the morning and since the boost that I get from that one cup of coffee has usually fizzled out by lunchtime (and I still have plenty more work to do and mommy duties to look forward to) I’ll grab a cool drink to keep my motor running. My drink of choice is a Starbucks Refereshers. They’re cold (it just seems crazy to have a hot drink when it’s 90 degrees outside), bubbly and super tasty (my faves are Raspberry Pomegranate and Strawberry Lemonade).
5. Get some rest: I try to start winding down for the night around 10 to get ready for the next disrespectfully long day. If I don’t get enough sleep, I can get very cranky and when I’m cranky let’s just say it’s not good…for anybody.
What say you? How do you stay energized during the day?
With a revitalizing blend of sparkling fruit juices, b vitamins and ginseng, Starbucks RefreshersTM has all the goodness you need to get the most out of today.