By now, you’ve probably noticed that gladiator style shoes are back as one of the hot trends for spring/summer.
Recently, I got an ‘Ask The Style Medic’ question about how to rock the trend. Kita asks:
“It looks like gladiator sandals are back in style this year and I really want to try a pair but I’m not sure how to style them. How do I wear this style without looking silly?”
I hear you girl! Gladiators were hot last year too and I wanted to give the look a try but I didn’t want to go all in so I opted for a neutral, ankle height pair to ease into the trend.
‘Ansel’ is similar to the style above
This year, I’m going all in with the trend in a knee high, strappy pair.
Here are 5 tips and tricks for rocking the gladiator trend and some of my fave options from the folks at ShoeDazzle that’ll have you looking and feeling like a goddess:
- LBD to H-O-T: Take a little black dress from basic to bangin’ with a strappy high heel pair for a chic night out look or dress it down with flats for a more casual feel
- Who wears short shorts?: You do! Pair your favorite denim cutoffs, romper or mini skirt with a pair of knee-high gladiators for a laid back vibe
- Maxi-mize your look: A pair of fly gladiators look effortlessly chic when paired with a maxi skirt or dress (especially one with side slits)
- Let your shoes be the star: Gladiators have plenty of drama on their own so keep the rest of your outfit and accessories simple
- Wrappers delight: For ladies with short legs, keep the wraps of styles with straps that wrap around your leg/ankle,below your calf so they don’t visually cut your leg off and make them look shorter. If you’ve got long stems and want to wrap high on the leg, wrap once around the ankle, then once right below the knee to keep the straps from sliding down during the day
However you choose to rock the trend, if you rock it with confidence you’ll look great!
What say you? Are you gonna rock the gladiator trend? Which of these styles tickle your fancy?