Hey boo heeeey! I know I’ve been MIA for a minute and I could try to justify my absence by saying that life got busy (which it kinda always is) or some other such thing, but the truth is, I’m an emotional blogger. I write/create when my heart is in it or not at all. This is also why I’m not one of these magical unicorns who blog full time and make enough money to pay bills and travel and be great… But I digress.
On one of my recent trips down the Instagram rabbit hole, I got particularly caught up in the life and style of Miss Charmsie. Her fun, colorful aesthetic will get you hooked and have you daydreaming about beaches and sunshine. You should totally follow her.
Anywho, while I was scrolling, I kept noticing this super cute pair of sandals and I immediately became obsessed. Behold:
Crazy cute right?! Pompoms are *still* having a moment and I’m loving the faux fur pom trend I’ve been seeing everywhere.
After cyber stalking her page for a while, I found that this pair was from Zara.
I was all ready to hit ‘add to cart’ but 1) they weren’t available in my size and 2) they were $50 American dollars and I’m cheap frugal.
The solution? Zara Inspired DIY Pompom Sandal!
- Slide sandals: $22 The inspiration pair are velvet both on the sole and the instep but the pair I got are only velvet on the instep
- 10 Assorted pompoms: Mine are hair ties from Michael’s but this 10 pack from Amazon is only $15.99
- Hot glue or E600
- Step 1: I’m kind of a perfectionist when it comes to things like this so I used a ruler to find the exact center of the instep and marked where I’d put my first pom.
- Step 2: Using the inspo pair as a guide, I made two rows of poms with 3 on the top row and two on the bottom. I applied the E600 to the shoes and waited a little bit for it to get tacky before affixing the poms. Repeat this step until you’re done
- Wait about 24hrs for the glue to cure before wearing
I love the fun, carnival vibes these are giving me.
What say you? Are you feeling the pompom trend? Are you team buy or DIY?