If you made it through Christmas without burning a hole in your bank account, let’s finish 2016 out strong. New Years Eve is the last and biggest party night of the year (unless you’re like me, then you’ll be home watching Disney movies) and it’s easy to feel like you need to go out and buy something new and snazzy for whatever parties or gatherings you’re going to but you know we’re all about the fab and frugal here.
Boots – Shoedazzle ‘Joasia’
So this morning, I joined my friends at Good Morning Washington to share some solutions for those of you still looking for the perfect outfit to ring in the New Year. check it out:
- New Years looks are all about glitz and glam. Think sequins, shimmer, faux fur and velvet. Metallics and deep jewel tones are also party perfect.
- Thrift stores are great place to shop for when you’ll only wear the item for a special event/occasion. That way, if you never wear it again, you really won’t feel guilty.
- You can find some really dope vintage and retro one of a kind pieces at the thrift store
- If all else fails, go with the staple LBD (Little Black Dress) and zhuzh it up with some dope jewelry
Here are some tips to make your trip to the thrift store run smooth
- Make a day of it (thrift stores can be overwhelming so plan to take your time)
- Know what you want but keep an open mind
- Save even more on sale days
- Wear leggings and a tank so you can easily try on clothes in the absence of a fitting room
- Make sure that your items don’t have holes, stains or other permanent damage
What say you? What are your NYE plans?