Ask The Style Medic
How to Rock Leopard Print
Today's 'Ask The Style Medic' question comes from April. She asks:
“I have a pair of leopard print heels but I'm not quite sure how to style them. I am super lost on a way to wear them and make them pop without over doing it.”
Ah, leopard. My favorite of all favorites. In most style circles, leopard print is considered a neutral and can work for both day and night. If you ask me, it will never go out of style.
Just like any print though, leopard can be a bit intimidating if you’re unsure about how to rock it. So whether you want your look to purr with a pair of pumps or really roar with a statement piece, here are my 5 tips on how to rock it:
- If you’re afraid to go full on grrrr!, try adding pops of leopard to a neutral outfit the same way you’d do with color. Complement your outfit with leopard accessories like a belt, bag, shoes or wrap
- Do the opposite and go for the bold with one big statement piece like a leopard print coat or dress and keep the rest of your outfit neutral
- Try mixing prints – Don’t be scurred! I promise it’s not as crazy as it seems. The key to mixing prints is balance. Get more print mixing tips HERE
- For the fall, leopard pair beautifully with burgundy. Try rocking your pumps with some burgundy slacks
- Denim on denim on… Leopard – Denim is another neutral that works well with leopard (or anything) so this combo is a winner.
What say you? How do you rock leopard print? Do you prefer a little purr or a big roar?