Fab Fitness: Update Your Workout Gear to Boost Your Motivation!
There is nothing cute about ratty sweats and two sizes too big t-shirts right? So why is this standard workout gear for so many of us? If one of the reasons we go to the gym is to look good in our clothes, why are we rollin’ up on a workout looking schlumpy and frumpy?
You know that feeling you get when you strut your stuff in your sexiest pumps or that pair of jeans that makes you feel like you could put JLo’s butt to shame? Experts say that what you wear to get your workout on can increase your confidence and motivation too. #BOOM
Now, I’m not telling you to wear your stilettos to your next workout, that would be cray, but when you look good, you feel good and what better place to evoke good feelings than the gym?
*Side note* Have you noticed the insane amount of mirrors they have in those joints? That’s reason enough for me.
When shopping for good quality workout gear, you should keep a few things in mind:
- Breathable and moisture-wicking fabrics will make you more comfy
- Consider the activity; Yoga gear should be form-fitting as to not give anyone a ‘show’ during all that bending and stretching
- Don’t forget your foundation; make sure to get a comfortable and supportive sports bra and panties
- If possible, try before you buy; Be sure the clothes can bend and stretch with you to avoid any embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions
- Not all sneakers are created equal; Running shoes are lighter and have more cushion than trainers. This is another area where the type of exercise should be considered
Now go forth and treat yourself to some fab workout gear that shows of your style and makes you feel good.
’til next time…